Sunday, March 13, 2016

Victoria Garnett, Weekly Post 3/14/2016

Photographer  References:


Allen Russell
                                                    










What inspired me from my own photos is that I feel like I developed a little style or maybe a habit when I make photographs of objects and sometimes people. This little style or habit that I do when it comes to positioning myself to where I am looking up at my subjects and they appear as though they larger than what they really are. This inspired me to continue to think of different ways to position my subjects in my next photographs. Also in my photography I noticed that I make photos in a lot of different things that can be in a documentary and artistic style.  I want to be able to learn how to do it all.
 As I was being critiqued I started to realize things that I wasn’t even aware of about myself and as an artist. The critique made me think of what I could possibly be feeling or thinking as I make. So for the next time I go on a shoot, I will pay more attention to what I’m feeling when I am seeing things.
 I noticed from the feedback that I have a poetic style to my photographs and in the relationships that the photos that I chose to show. From the critique of others I remember an individual saying how they noticed the connection of older and younger generations in my documentary like photo. I also noticed by placing photographs beside other images with similar color schemes can make the presentation more interesting to look at. 
Since critique I have been doing exactly what I mentioned in the second paragraph. I've been thinking about what is that I am feeling in the moment of making my photos. This could be something that individuals will feel the same about or not but I hope to think that my photos will give off some sort of feeling or emotion. 

1 comment:

  1. I thought your photos were FULL of feeling, and that your camera angles had a lot to do with amping up the emotional content of the images. I know what you mean when you say that you want to learn how to be both documentary and artistic (to learn it all) - I do, too! I really look forward to seeing your next round of work!

    ReplyDelete