Sunday, March 13, 2016

Hailey Porth Blog Post

Brenda Ann Kenneally

Mae Ryan

Marc Riboud

Nicholas Nixon

Robin Hammond

Tomer Ifrah

in the project I really grasped more of the position of the artist and the relationship behind the photographs. I wanted to be able to catch the stories of people instead of just snapshots of the faces. I wanted people to look at the portraits and wonder more of whats going on in their lives. In all of these photographs the photographer is able to do that for me. I constantly was reading up on what was happening in these peoples lives after and or before this photograph was taken.

From the critique I want to be able to push myself further and capture more than just people but the personality of the places where the people were found. What is the environment around them saying about them? I want to be able to capture light and color the same way photographers are able to capture it in portraits but apply it to landscapes. I want to be able to create a place where people can put a story to the landscape that they see because of the nostalgia it brings them or hope and dreams of the future. 

Who I am looking at now 
Jonas Feige



David Mclain











1 comment:

  1. The first picture in this group with the girl and the ash trey has an incredible emotional connection to me and it uses depth in a really cool way.

    ReplyDelete