Sunday, March 13, 2016

Brandon Mabrouk- Weekly Post 3/14/2016










I don't necessarily compare my work to these artists but I am influenced by their style and how they are able to capture such great content. Scott Kelby's travel photography makes you want to explore areas of the world that have unique structures. It looks as if he has an extensive editing process but makes the photo look astonishing. Steve McCurry's defiant color and soft lighting has influenced me to go out and make pictures and actually care about the content that is in the viewfinder, that is what separates the good from the great photos. I believe that if you care you will make photos that have meaning and could possibly influence others. I can only stick to a theme if I am inspired by it. Serge Najjar is an artist that I began to study this year, his work is minimal but every element works very well. Using geometric shapes and colors to identify lines that separate each other. 

The critique inspired me to continue making pictures of what I feel, the pictures that I made inspired me. It was definitely a learning experience for me, I believe that if I care for every photo that I capture and the subject that is in it instead of just what is in the moment than I can improve my style and be confident about what I am making. If I can make a photo of someone doing something that inspires them, than it will inspire me even more.

2 comments:

  1. You could appropriate the use of color from this artist because the use of color in this group of photographs is incredible. The reflection in the first photo has a very nice composition with a mirroring effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, it's the way he combines color with geometry that really makes these pictures stand out. The color patterns help draw attention to the lines, and the lines help the viewer's eye move through the images. Really spectacular.

    ReplyDelete