Sunday, March 27, 2016

Brandon Mabrouk Blog Post 3/28/2016







Chip Forelli is known for shooting prestigious advertisements for companies such as BMW, Land Rover, and Kodak. He has a passion for shooting beautiful landscapes, there are a few series' he did that interested me. A great portion of his work is in black and white but the everything balances well. its seems there is a editing process that he is consistent with but it works with this series. Since I am working on a water series his work has become an inspiration to me. The elements are simple and elegant and in my opinion are enjoyable to look at. His commercial work involves him shooting in a location of the clients choice and the product.

I appreciate how minimal Forelli's work is and how fascinating he can make an image of water. he stated that he has no favorite place to shoot, its the subjects in the photo that make it fascinating. Day or night time a great photo can be made. I plan to do more research on him and study works that he is currently working on as well. Definitely is an experience to see someone's progress that has been shooting for almost 3 decades. I can learn from his process and incorporate it into my shooting process as well. 

4 comments:

  1. The way he captures light is amazing! I almost feel like if these were in color they would not be given the same attention. If in color it would be just another landscape, water picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoying how the clouds move you through out the photos and choosing to use black & white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! I checked out some of the other work on his website and it's equally interesting. I see that he photographs a variety of subjects, which I like - everything from architecture to close-ups of plants - but as you say, he keeps to a minimalist perspective so the images really become about light, line, and shape. I see that he also likes to use long exposures to create some of his effects - I will be interested to see whether or not you try this out and what happens if you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would be awesome to "appropriate" for your final project because I know your theme is with landscapes and textures.

    ReplyDelete