Sunday, March 20, 2016

Christian Moll Weekly Artist Post





Trevor Williams

Trevor Williams is commercial photographer based out Okayama, Japan. Currently Williams is member of the Japan -based light painting group Fiz-iks. He is one of the most prominent light painting photographers working today. He also gave a big boost to the light painting community by creating the widely known Flickr group, Light Junkies, a haven for anybody interested in exploring or sharing their own light experiments.
 
You’d be smart to join the group, if for no other reason than to see Trevor's work. The attention he pays to his surroundings and the way he incorporates them often takes his photos to the next level and is partially why his work is so notable. Other photographers would be wise to try and do the same.

My favorites of his series are his light painting and after sundown. It inspired me to experiment more with long exposures and time-lapse photography this past week. I have learned some new techniques that have really changed my outlook for what I am going to put into my final project. Since then I have been doing a lot of research and experimentation with light painting photography and trying to push the boundaries of this type of craft.

3 comments:

  1. Light writing is amazing no matter what anyone says. Awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree that this would be a fun experiment to do and see where the light brings the project. Really enjoyed where the photo directs the view through the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen light painting done with this kind of precision, which must take a great deal of planning and a heck of a lot of practice to get right. The dome effect, in particular, is stunning - I can't begin to imagine how he's doing it, which makes it really magical. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete