Sunday, March 27, 2016

Anna Luker Blog

Kate Silvia 


Stumbling around the internet, I discovered this week Kate Silvia! Searching for more connections for my final project I was really taken by her portfolio and website. 
She has a beautiful eye for color and composition. When looking at her portfolio I felt as if I had just discovered what nature really looked like. For me there is something so magical about her photography that sets it apart from the typical nature photos. The utilization of all these different techniques really show through her work. High contrast and use of color, long exposures in landscapes, and composition elements that make for an effective photograph. 


Composition right here. Perfect. Everyone see's the elephant yes? 

The use of color here and creativity here is amazing. I hope to recreate something similar for my final project. This just captured me. 


I could not find much about her personal life but her website is great. Her blogs are very informative to her techniques and she shares great tips to achieve some of the things in her photographs. She seems really passionate about helping people achieve beautiful photographs and I really felt inspired by that. For me personally I don't usually see that on a lot of photographers websites. 

https://katesilviaphotography.wordpress.com/

This seems to be her old website/blog. Not the one I linked above. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow. The first three photos are amazing - as you wrote, color, composition, and light are so creative. I have to say I'm not as impressed by the last one - it's the kind of shot I've seen a million times (which is not to say I could do it!!!!). But I'm definitely going to check out her website - I'd love to make images even a little bit like these!

    ReplyDelete