Sunday, March 27, 2016

Hailey Porth blog post

http://www.featureshoot.com/2016/03/photographers-around-the-world-capture-those-closest-to-them-for-the-ones-we-love/

this blog post is a little different than what were supposed to do. (kind of sorry shane!) lol but I was really captivated by this article (look at the link above) the title of it is "

PHOTOGRAPHERS AROUND THE WORLD CAPTURE THOSE CLOSEST TO THEM FOR ‘THE ONES WE

all the photographs were taken by photographers of the people they love most. There's two whole issues full of photographs of dearly loved people. It's inspiring and i freaking love it. 

this is the actual website

something that has been on my heart a lot is people that I dearly love. and how do i express that without it being this candid, instagram worthy photograph. How do I document the amount of love I have for my friends and family through a photograph and express the intimately personal part of my heart! Idk if that makes sense. But this article allowed me to take a step in the right direction today!!

heres one of the photographers I have found


Hill Street Chronicles




Karen's portraits are very light based and she uses the light to expose incredible expressions. It natural light that we see everyday but she is able to capture it in a way that is able to make the photograph exponentially better than it would have been if it was fully lit. 

2 comments:

  1. This is very interesting. I also have that thought sometimes too. How to take pictures without it being another Instagram photo. Looking at the surroundings and all play a part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spectacular light. I am humbled!

    ReplyDelete