Sunday, February 7, 2016

Carra Roots - Weekly Artist Post 4

Kai Wiechmann






Kai Wiechmann is a well known photographer whom work has been in magazines such as Esquire and GQ. He has many facets that he focuses on, but the one that caught my attention was the series within his people collection. The way he captures the moments, and makes his images is intriguing to my eye. 

From the beginning I can see that he plays a lot with color and light, and what they can add to the picture. He has many concepts and each one is depicted in such a way that each image shows who the person. Not only that but he shows plays with things around him. Things about the person and also things like reflections. They seem to have a big influence on his work and make the photograph. As stated before, he makes his photographs. He sets himself up so that not only does he has a great photograph but to shoe different elements as well.

I personally love his work. Even though some if not most of his work is commercial, they are amazing photos. Because he has been doing this for a while he does know what to look for and has become a skilled in how he captures the picture. Looking at his photos, I don’t know if I get intrigued with the content, or just like them because they are so well done. I do want to make images of his part of the project but honestly I don't know how I will make some of the light work, but I guess that's part of it.

1 comment:

  1. His use of light and color is really interesting and different - it caught my attention right away. I would love to know more about his process - whether he finds these colors in the environment or if he creates them with studio lighting. He clearly understands how to use light and color to create mood! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete