Sunday, February 21, 2016

Brandon Mabrouk-Burtynksy-Water





Edward Burtynsky's Water exhibit was by far one of the best photography exhibits I have visited. I was intrigued by the quality of the prints and the clarity of each photograph. He attracts the attention of the viewer by the scale of the photographs and the fact that he's addressing beautiful scenes of water and land. I was immediately attracted to the first photo where he captures the BP oil spill off of the Gulf Coast. I think this is something that we all fail to pay attention to because it becomes very harmful to creatures and their habitats. It seems that each photo he captures has a great point of view and each photo looked as if it was a detailed painting, which interested me as well. 

Burtynsky's photos amazed me because I was curious as to how he captured each photograph, how he managed to make them at the magnificent angles, and how and why they were presented by using such a large scale. I do believe that if the scale was much smaller you would miss the amount of detail. I was still amazed by the color and detail of each photo as I viewed it, his work was new to me  and was incomparable to any other photography I have seen before. Honestly as soon as I saw the first photograph I knew the rest of the exhibit would really interest me and it did. His style and techniques really impressed me.

I believe that Burtynsky's work reflects how he is aware of what is effecting and what's really important in this world. Certain parts of the exhibition he shows beautiful areas of land and water that travels through certain parts of the world. Each photo has a different texture that makes you want to physically touch the work to see if it really exists. It was truly inspiring because he focused on things that some artists stray away from and this will give me a chance as a growing artist and photographer to continue to practice my craft and think of innovative ideas just as Burtynsky did to create this wonderful exhibit.







No comments:

Post a Comment