Saturday, February 6, 2016

Bradley Manley Weekly Artist Post 4

Mike Brodie


Mike Brodie and his series "A Period of Juvenile Prosperity" are a collection of images of teens rebelling against all odds and living on the streets. The images includes teenagers dwelling in a number of places. Images caught them sleeping, hitchhiking, and enjoying the very few moments of prosperity.

In the series, Brodie is able to capture the beautiful sunset lighting. The lighting most likely signifies the exact moment of "prosperity" Brodie is able to make the teens seem comfortable in their harsh environment. Brodie has a repetition of angles throughout his photos. The composition of the photo contains elements that always brings you back to the focal point of the picture.

These photos grabbed my attention immediately. The lighting is gorgeous and makes believe these teenagers are at peace with themselves. They have accepted their lives and hope for a better day tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Relating this to our next assignment really quickly, these would be so cool to recreate! The use of lighting it beautiful and the subject matter is pretty deep.

    I always sympathize for homeless people, of all ages, it saddens me. I cannot image being at my age and living on the streets. Something to take away from this as it helps remind me that I should be grateful for everyday under my circumstances.

    As the fact they have accepted this and are still finding these moments of what seems to be like solace or happiness that he seems to captures is what makes them so moving. I will definitely be checking Mr. Brodie out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see how these photographs grabbed your attention!! This is a very interesting topic to photograph and to see that teens are living on their own is such conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see how these photographs grabbed your attention!! This is a very interesting topic to photograph and to see that teens are living on their own is such conditions.

    ReplyDelete