Sunday, January 24, 2016

Victoria Garnett, Artist Post 2, 1/24/2016

Jason Edward
 This is a photo of Jason Edwards








1. Recently Jason Edwards had commented and liked a few of my photos on my photography Instagram page and shortly after I checked out some of his work. His photographs are similar to the things I photograph and I instantly became inspired. Jason Edwards is a photographer, environmentalist, and animal scientist. He is based in Melbourne, Australia. He is a 2 times winner of the Eureka Prize for Science Photography, 3 times winner of Communications Art Photography Annual, 2 times winner of ProMax Golden Muse, and winner of Australian Geographic Society Pursuit of Excellence Award. I love how in an interview he answered a question with the response, "I love to photograph everywhere!" I feel that this is how many photographers should be and have a wide range of interests in subjects to make photos of.  

2. Edwards had taken his love for the environment and love for photography to create beautiful composition in his photographs. 

3.His photographs inspire me to work on my composition in my photography. His photography also inspire me to push forward with photography dreams and goals. His usage of light and shadow in the first photo draws the viewers eyes off into the direction the individual in the photo is looking off to in the distance.   

  • Last Weeks Presentation: The presentation allowed me to show the work that I created and subjects that I am interested in and I loved sharing this with the class and the professor. To me the presentation was beneficial because it allowed us to open up with our interests freely. I feel like this gave us the opportunity to practice how we share our present our photographs.  


No comments:

Post a Comment