Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Carra Roots - Weekly Artist Post 2

Flora Borsi









Flora Borsi is a fine arts photographer from Hungary. Her photography and the way she manipulates her images is what makes her so well known. Using the skill she has she takes us from reality into a world that she creates on her own. In her work, she uses mostly women, animals and also herself. Boris images also do not all the time have a meaning behind them. She does create images to challenge herself and play with elements.

Her work gives off a fantasy feel. The connection between the model and color being used as either the background or even the color of the models hair, you can tell was thought through. Said so in the info found that no all elements of her images are not in the studio when she composes the photo, and this is where the manipulation comes in. Boris does an excellent job in making her images look life-like. 

I am glad that I came across this photographer because I always wondered what else you can do with photography and she pushes that boundary for us. She has shown me that sometimes its not always about whats in front of you, and to take advantage of what that means. Her work varies but the manipulation stays breathtaking. Have a message and or view, and show it.

Self-Evaluation
Doing the self presentation was really different for me. I never had to present myself, especially as a photographer. By doing it, I was given an outlook on if what I tell people i focus on is actually what I captured. It also made me look as to where I wanted to go next.


No comments:

Post a Comment