Sunday, January 31, 2016

Bradley Manley Weekly Artist Post 3

Ben Huff


Ben Huff is able to tell a narrative through landscape and straight forward pictures. The specific photos tell a narrative through his travels in the north.

Through these photos Huff is able to take us through his adventures through the north. He takes these snowy landscape photos and also other photos of his journey. Along with this collection are portraits of the people who live here and deal with the chilly winters  the north faces. This pictures tell a narrative through both daylight and night time.

I always love a good journey. I can see myself along for the ride. The snowy vast landscape photos give me a eerie yet curious feeling which is a feeling I get going to places I never been before. I admire the use of lighting. Huff does a great job making a photo in every given situation and lighting that he's faced with.

8 comments:

  1. His landscapes literally jump off the page for me. I want to be there and experience the story he is telling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had checked out his website before seeing his work here and found his work very compelling. I particularly appreciate the range of subjects he chooses, from people to landscapes to ironic objects. Each image stands on its own, but they tell great stories when put together. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love his eye for lighting and composition. I can just see myself taking thousands of pictures of the top composition and not liking any of them as much as that first one. The high contrast of the keeps my eye attracted and moving all over the image. His landscapes as us kids would say are "goals!" I do believe that taking landscapes are sometimes harder then people would like to think. Or maybe Im only speaking from my own expediences haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love his eye for lighting and composition. I can just see myself taking thousands of pictures of the top composition and not liking any of them as much as that first one. The high contrast of the keeps my eye attracted and moving all over the image. His landscapes as us kids would say are "goals!" I do believe that taking landscapes are sometimes harder then people would like to think. Or maybe Im only speaking from my own expediences haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He has a really intriguing way of choosing his shots. The colors are subtle and each image attracts you because they are composed nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think beyond the composition with his landscapes, his use of color is amazing. The colors create a movement around his photos, not only fixating your eyes into one particular focus.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way that this artist has captured both night time and day time shots that capture this journey. It is interesting how the artist has placed the horizon line in both outdoor shots in a very similar location. The artist has also placed the most interesting subject matter in the middle leading your eye to the center of the frame.

    ReplyDelete