Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Catherine Meadows Weekly Post 2








1) what are the artist’s technical choices?
David's night shots are very interesting to look at. From looking at his photos, we know that he had to have had the shutter open for a long period of time in order to capture more light. His shots are very simple, with not a lot of detail and subjects in one photo. He digitally manipulates quite a bit of his photos.

2) what are the artist’s conceptual and/or thematic intents?
From what I gathered in David's own writing, he simply enjoys doing night photography. He finds it relaxing and unique. He finds that photographing at night adds mystery and purity to his work. He said that he often finds himself being obsessed with uniting a landscape with the sky.

3) how do you respond to these choices and intents?  

I feel the exact same way as David when it comes to night photography. A few semesters ago I started shooting at night for my projects and found that it was very difficult. Once I started getting the hang of it, my photographs were made in ways that I've never seen before. I loved finding a different way to shoot landscapes. There are endless possibilities of things that you can do/manipulate with a photograph outside at night and I think that's why David has such a huge passion for it.

Regarding my Powerpoint presentation:
I really enjoyed being able to display and talk about some of my favorite work with the class. My most recent photography project, from last semester, is one that I am very proud of. I worked an extremely long amount of time on it and enjoyed the feedback that I received on it. As for improving, I'd love to improve my landscape photography skills as well as portrait photography. With this "Strangers" project, I do feel that I improved slightly with portraits, but I'd like to maybe try to incorporate portraits in my future projects in this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment