Sunday, January 17, 2016

Anna Luker : Post 1



   

Combines beautiful models with these exotic animals to make these stunning black and white portraits that bring attention to the viewer of the urgency of these creatures existence.







Over the weekend I made a trip to the Zoo here in Norfolk. Over my small amount of time here I've tried to at least venture out and do things I haven't done yet. (P.S its free to all ODU students with a valid ID)

As I was at the site taking all the my photographs and having to work with the complications of more energetic children, cages, and barriers to take my photographs, I started to think to myself all the other nature photographers that are out there and decided to look them up. Every photographer I believe has this sort of vision they want their pictures to look like before going into the working process and I just forgot that I was not in the plains of Africa taking pictures of the lions and disappointed myself when working around the barriers, dirty windows, and cages haha! 

Sean Lee-Davies caught my eye right away as he was one of the first ones I researched and his images caught my attention immediately. Unpopular opinion, I love black and white photography over color. It just makes the whole image seemingly different and that's something I hope to get back into more in my works. Sean has had a hefty and successful working career and has worked with many famous people from Asia and the United States. Just a tidbit of awesome things he has accomplished is working for Vogue, L’Oreal, and The National Geographic. Not to mention some of the biggest names in the business like Yao Ming, Jackie Chan, Leonardo Di Caprio, and David Beckham. He first started his career in the world of film for Sony Pictures Entertainment, moving on to magazines as an editor, and then to photography. Definitely a well rounded individual. 

He also runs a non-profit website Project C:Change that "is a social enterprise and media platform dedicated to creating awareness about environmental degradation, climate change and conservation. Founded in 2010 by Sean Lee-Davies, Project C:CHANGE engages media and celebrities to help elevate people’s consciousness of the natural world, while empowering local communities to protect their natural resources."

Some other things that are interesting about Sean, he is inspired by surrealism. He is very active and involved in the things he believes in and supports. Such as moving from fashion to environmental photography. He stays primarily in Hong Kong, that also being his hometown. Also for all that he has done and accomplished, he is only 37. 







No comments:

Post a Comment