Monday, April 28, 2014

Petra Collins





Petra Collins is a 21 year old artist who works out of New York City. She focuses on the life of an average young adult living her life. I absolutely love her photos. Whether portraits or landscapes, she has a great skill of capturing these moments that are intimate and private and yet full of emotion and tension. Coming up to our last critique in this class, she is just the inspiration I need to create my own body of work. Plus, she's roughly my age and it seems she has a keener eye of capturing these intimate moments. She works with film photography and scans them into Photoshop to do very minor color corrections. I love her study of the female form as well, since it highly pertains to the series I am currently working on. She's done a lot of work for various magazines such as Miss Vogue and Vogue Italia; something I hope to do in my future of photography.

http://www.petracollins.com/
http://girlsandguns.tumblr.com/






No comments:

Post a Comment