Sunday, April 20, 2014

Josh Wool

Josh Wool is a photographer from Brooklyn, New York who specializes in portraiture, lifestyle, and fashion photography. He ended a career as a chef to focus on making memorable, intimate photographs in New York City. I personally enjoy his portraiture work. Doing portraits is my favorite thing to do, and his work really shows me the versatility that can be taken when approaching my subject. He chooses lighting well to capture certain emotions. He doesn't only stick to tight portraits to create intimacy, but he also backs up to give them space and still gives that same intimacy. Josh Wool also does something in his portraits that was interesting. He doesn't stick to having the subject's faces always in the portraits. Sometimes it's just their legs or their hands. He really gives me some ideas for my series.





http://www.joshwool.com/home

No comments:

Post a Comment