Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Jeanette Hayes



Jeanette Hayes is an artist who works out of NYC and specializes in photography that pertains to popular culture. I haven't found much of her what we would consider "formal" photography but she concentrates on the mash up of classical art and popular culture. For instance, she has a piece titled "holy scroll" from a series called "come si dice 'webcam girls'." She creates the tension with her pieces but it is comical the way she portrays the classical subjects in a current society. I would like to be able to create my own sort of satirical humor similar to the way Hayes creates her images. I cannot help but laugh at all of her pieces because I understand the world that she puts her subjects into and in a way it mocks today's society and how we deem art now.



No comments:

Post a Comment