Sunday, April 6, 2014

nan goldin




if no photographer has so far, then I would say that nan goldin has had a more profound influence on the content that has been lying dormant within my work. this past project has allowed me to understand what I am keenly interested in and to continue to pursue and photograph it. and that is what I intend to do. Though all her works seem as if they are all over the board, if you were to take all her photos and put them into one big series they would still be as strong and as powerful as ever. This is because of her eye for composition. she knows what colors, lighting, setting and setups, and expressions and gestures she is attracted to and favors. Knowing these things she uses them and creates a body of work that for me is something like a saving grace.

this reminded me of Dominique's photo of Riley in looking out the green contraption. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment