Monday, April 14, 2014

Jacob Holdt

usa-00306 

 

usa-00632

usa-00002

 

Jacob Holdt focuses on the American way of life for the many demographics in society. These particular come from his series titled, "USA: Love, Sex and Nudity." I feel these images definitely reflect the direction in which I am heading and personally, I feel I can learn how to be able to expand my own research and create my own similar series with my own network of people. He takes the time to create and develop relationships with his subjects and not only does he create a window for us viewers to look through at the everyday life of an American but he also tackles many of American society's conflicts within itself. He has a great skill of capturing the most intimate, both emotionally and political, moments of the culture of Americans.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment