Thursday, March 6, 2014

Joel Grimes

http://joelgrimes.com/Artist.asp?ArtistID=12191&AKey=P7FJP8B4


Joel Grimes is a composite photographer. I find this type of photography very interesting and would love to learn more about it. In class we were talking about the super saturated photos and images of my generation, I feel that Joel Grimes' photos are a great example of that. They are very vibrant, and since he uses HDR photography in his composites everything is in focus. The first image that I have is a man jumping with a basket ball. I find this interesting because the light that is used on the man and the lights that are on the street. It makes me feel like I am looking at a video game. The second photo is of a woman walkin along a pool. I enjoy this photo because the contrast in colors and the long exposure of the water usedwith the composite of the woman was awesome. These effects could not be down in camera so I find them interesting. The last photo is of a female surfer. This photo is interesting because he used a desaturated background with a saturated subject. but I wish he would have had her wet in the photo to go along with the surfer thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment