Sunday, February 2, 2014

Terry Richardson

http://terrysdiary.com/

This week I chose photographer and director Terry Richardson. I have been fond of his style long before the scantily-clad Miley Cyrus twerked her way onto his blog. Richardson has an ability to make his subjects very comfortable and it is evident in the images below. When he photographs someone, he also likes to take a portrait of that person in his glasses and title the image "So and so as me". I find this to be interesting because it creates a common thread among his work. He also always takes a picture with the person he's photographing as well, further establishing a rapport with them. His blog also features images taken on his daily adventures, which provides variety to the vast number of studio sessions and shows he is a well-rounded artist skilled in many areas.




Abandoned bike.

Me as Gaga…Gaga as Me

Pusha T at my studio #1

No comments:

Post a Comment