Sunday, February 2, 2014

Rob Woodcox

Rob Woodcox is surreal photographer that I came across from this youtube channel that  I watch, Phlearn.com. He was guest speaking on their show. He works with a lot of surreal images. I really enjoyed his style. The images I found were great. The first one is a self portrait of Rob Woodcox behind a glass window with paint dripping down it. I think the colors and the composition was interesting. I need to find out an artist statement about it cause I would like to know the reasoning behind this photo. The next photo is one with a guy carrying a woman through the forrest. I think the lighting was amazing with the sun coming through the trees. When I look at this photo I think about Hansel and Gretel fairy tale. The last photo is a portrait of a man sitting in a room with a lot of lightbulbs. This is interesting because to me it is like a photo representation of ideas in someones head. The expression "when the lightbulb comes on" comes to mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment