Sunday, February 9, 2014

Harry Callahan


This week Harry Callahan caught my eye. His photos aren't my favorite but I do find them interesting. They are bizarre and I chose to share his photos because they made me think. The question of why people take photos like these was the first thing on my mind. Most of his photography is in black and white.  Harry Callahan studied at Michigan State University where he started to teach himself how to photograph. In the morning he would walk in the streets to capture photos. He loved to take ictures of his wife and used both small and large formats. He has won awards such as National Medal of arts and his photos are in University of Arizona Center for Creative Photography and New York Magill gallery. 

http://www.pacemacgill.com/selected_works/artist_page.php?artist=Harry+Callahan






No comments:

Post a Comment