Sunday, February 16, 2014

Agnes Thor

Agnes Thor is an Swedish photographer who works out of both Sweden and the US in New York. I began scrolling through her photos and I was enamored by her use of light and organic shapes that she captured. The collection I scrolled through is called Aurora Borealis from 2010, in which she recreates memories in then present time. I've noticed a number of her photos are quite overexposed but as a series it flows really well from photo to photo. I also admire her portrait photos. They stray away from the usual studio portraits found commercially. She captures her subjects in a raw moment, a skill I hope to achieve; to be able to make beautiful photos out of intimate moments, almost candidly. Not only does she capture portrait photos of her subjects but she creates beautiful landscapes of very interesting but simple settings. It is obvious that she is a student of light and she observes it as it should be observed. Like her, I try to capture those precious moments when the light dances on the wall when no one is looking.







No comments:

Post a Comment