Sunday, January 26, 2014

JUCO

I have so many photographers that I could collectively call my "favorites." One of them would be JUCO, Julia Galdo and Cody Cloud. This photography duo create these rich in saturation photographs in unique locations. I was drawn to their work due to its genre, fashion photography, and its bold colors and contrast seen in their photographs. The fact that they are collaborating as a team was unusual to me. They work out in Los Angeles, California. Looking through their portfolio you will find everything from bold bright colors to dull pastels and even the evident appearance of patterns and textures in their photographs which makes their work stand out even more. I like their technique and aesthetic to light. They dabble in staged lighting as well as using natural light for their photo shoots.  Their clientele stretches from magazines such as Nylon, The XXL, and Out. What also cool is that they also have done work for Warner Brother Records and VH1. They offer editorials, commerical work, and advertising in their portfolio: http://jucophoto.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment