Sunday, January 26, 2014

Chris Dean Artist Research - Joakim Lloyd Raboff


For my artist I chose Joakim Lloyd Raboff. I was searching the web and stumbled upon this list of top 10 photographers and what you can learn from them. Mr. Raboff was one of the photographers listed with a portrait of a man smoking. I loved this photo. It has a film noir feel to it and a real old back in the day black and white focus. I feel the detail that is seen in the face and the smoke creeping around the man’s face is awesome. Now I can’t tell whether it is fake smoke or not cause it seems too perfect but nonetheless it is a stunning photo. After seeing this photo I wanted to see if there were more like it. I admit there weren’t any more portraits like the one I saw but I saw some other portraits that I did enjoy. There were two other portraits that I found appealing and those were the one of a woman in front of a boat and the two men playing music on a pier or a boat. The woman’s expression is subtle but entrancing. It is a real slight smirk but it begs the question what is she smiling about. The one of the two men is captivating because the light is very interesting. The photo was taken at sunset. It just seems that they are having a good time doing what they love. I find Mr. Raboff’s images very entertaining; I also like the fact that he isn’t just a portrait photographer. He does all different kinds of photography. It seems like that is the kind of photographer I will be.

Website: http://www.raboff.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment