Monday, April 4, 2016

Bradley Manley Weekly Artist Post



Rebeca Rutten is a photographer whos traveled to Central America where she meets strange travelers in a hostel on a an island of Niucaragua. These portraits are from her series Never Never land. Shes also captured many of others and the activities that goes on in this home away from home.

Despite the conditions these free travelers are in. Rebeca is able to capture the joy and highlights of their day. These beautiful portraits, with great lighting is full of joy and capture the full experience of this distant place. These people are found to be dressing in all types of things free from the judgement of society. Rebeca is able to open the door to this world, using the beautiful light and finding compositions that are never boring.

These photos are extremely interesting and has me thinking of traveling to secluded areas. If I can find hidden gems like this, that would be great to capture people hidden and running free such as the subjects in Rebecca's work. I really love the portraits because despite their conditions these people seem to be the happiest they have ever been.

1 comment:

  1. I checked out Rebeca's website for this project - wow, it's intense! I know that many photographers immerse themselves in the cultures of the people they photograph, but I can't imagine integrating into this particular one! Having read the description, I can appreciate her photographs even more than I did when I first looked at them. I think they capture both the idea of the free-thinking and the excesses that characterize this group of people. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete