Sunday, April 17, 2016

Hailey Porth Weekly Post

Rebecca Rutten

http://www.featureshoot.com/2016/03/sex-drugs-and-heartache-at-a-hostel-in-nicaragua/


Rebecca Rutten is from Germany but hates to stay in one place. She is constantly traveling and exploring. And her nomadic lifestyle is definitely portrayed in her photographs. What caught my eye was the article listed above about the Nicaraguan Hostel that she documented, however when looking more into her site that is when I found her series People that I Know. 







The thing that first catches me when I look at these photographs is the diversity of them. Not just with the type of people but with the poses and the colors, and the lighting. It all varies a lot. I feel like each photograph is able to capture the person and their personality in a way that is deeply personal. I feel like I am in their space. almost infringing on it.











For my project I want to make sure that I am not getting in a rut and that I am changing up the way people are posing. Looking at the camera and not. I just want to make sure people do not feel as if they are looking at the same thing over and over again. Also looking into black and white instead of just all color and seeing if it flows well.


No comments:

Post a Comment