Saturday, March 22, 2014

Helmut Newton

Women and fashion are what Helmut Newton captured the most of. His provocative photos are set up in a way that is intriguing to me. I like the intensity of the first photo below. The way the subject is passively kissing the mirror, makes it seems like she is in love with herself. In the second photo, I like how he incorporates the film strip. The angle and subjects in third the photo are interesting to me. I feel as though this is a different angle that I am not use to seeing. As I look through his work, I noticed that most of his work are in black and whites. Newton's photos usually includes a nude woman as his subject. His work I view as inspiration to my up and coming series.



                                                    



No comments:

Post a Comment